1. How does Hatmatic work? Design a hat, share it with your friends, and let the crowd decide if your hat will rock or not! Hats only go into production with a commitment to buy 36 caps. Once the hats have been made to order, they automatically ship to you and your supporters at their respective addresses 6-8 weeks from now.
2. What happens if my hat doesn’t tip? All good! Unfortunately, all designs can’t be hits. If the hat doesn’t tip, the payment never actually processes to your credit card, so there’s no refund to be made! Have no fear, I’m sure your next design will win.
3. Why do I have to pay to share my design? This is our way of ensuring that you are committed to spreading the word about your Hatmatic creation. You can create and save as many designs as you wish, but to share your hat with the world and submit it for production consideration, you’ll need to commit to buying it. If the hat doesn’t get the traction it needs, then the payment won’t actually fully process.
4. How does the payment process work? When you commit to buying a hat, we authorize your credit card for the price of the hat, as well as the estimated shipping cost. If the hat tips, the full amount processes through your card like everything else. If the hat doesn’t tip, the authorization is cancelled so no charge is actually made. Note – Authorizing a card puts a hold on the funds for up to 72 hours, convenient given the tipping time for Hatmatic!
5. How long will it take for me to get my hat?
All hats are made to order. They aren’t sitting on a shelf waiting to be shipped out. For this reason, production and shipping can take up to 8 weeks. We are working diligently to shorten the timeline and have production for your designs expedited.
Unfortunately, this is how long it currently takes to build custom hats with specialized colors in different sizes.
6. How many people need to commit to buying my hat for it go to production? Your Hatmatic creation goes into production automatically once it reaches 36 commitments. 1 person can buy 36 hats, 36 people can buy one hat, etc. etc. Also, there is no limit to how many people can buy your design. If your design is a hit, as many people that buy in will receive hats.
7. Who makes the hats sold through your site? Hatmatic creations are manufactured exclusively by New Era. As the most trusted name in cap creation, New Era is the perfect partner for this endeavor and we’re thrilled to have them aboard.
8. Are Hatmatic creations officially licensed? Yes! All caps designed on Hatmatic are produced in cooperation with New Era. New Era has exclusive rights to use the logos presented through Hatmatic on hats. This is how we’re able to bring these designs to you. At launch, we’re only offering MLB logos, but hope to expand our repertoire shortly.
9. What if my address changes while the hats are in production? You can update your information through in your profile, or notify us via email through our Contact page. We’ll confirm the update to your mailing address.
10. How do I get more people to support my hat? That’s the fun part! Sharing your Hatmatic creation with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram will help you get the word out. You can also enlist the support of friends and family to generate more interest in your creation.
11. What type of payment does Hatmatic accept? We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover for payment.
12. What if I want to make a couple hats, instead of the full tipping amount? Unfortunately, Hatmatic can only accommodate creations that meet the full-tipping quantity needed to put hats into production. Currently, this number is 36.
13. Can I buy a hat that’s already tipped? If it’s within the 72 hours after it was designed, the answer is yes. If not, unfortunately we don’t open orders back up for additional sales. Don’t fret, you can always design your own and drum up the traction it needs to make it happen.
14. What should I do if I’m having technical problems with the website and/or Facebook widget? Please, report them to us! If you are having technical issues with the website or our Facebook widget, please contact us and we’ll work to find a resolution.